From the diaries. -N
Okay, so I've only been watching college basketball for 20 years now, but if this isn't the best NCAA tourney I've ever seen, I don't know what is. I've never seen more amazing games or more improbable finishes. I decided to take a brief look back at everything that's transpired over the last few weeks and compile what I feel are the ten best games of the tourney so far. Remember that I only took a brief look back and did a lot of this on memory so I may have missed a few things but here goes:
- LSU vs. Texas - OT. Big Baby puts the nail in the coffin with a three. One point per 100 pounds. (actually had to cut four or five great games from the list to make way for this one, I think the fact that it was a late round game had something to do with it making my list)
- U Conn vs. Washington - UW gets hosed by the refs in regulation and overtime. Oh yeah, and a pretty big shot at the end of regulation
- Tennessee vs. Winthrop game winning turn around fade away with 2 seconds left
- UCLA vs. Alabama - AA hits the trey and plays "in the jersey" D on the final attempt
- LSU vs. Texas A&M - Three with 4 seconds on the clock wins it
- Iowa vs. Northwestern St. - Game winner from the corner with 2 seconds left
- Villanova vs. BC - Goal tend call with 2.3 left in OT gives Villanova the squeaker
- West Virginia vs. Texas - You'll never see two more clutch shots occur with an eight second (real time) span
- George Mason vs. U Conn - Cinderella has never danced better. These guys showed amazing heart and some pretty damn good shooting too.
- UCLA vs. Gonzaga - One day my video tape copy of this game will snap due to overuse.