People are approaching this game all wrong.
It is WIN-WIN!!!
Here it is: if UCLA wins, SC is outa the Rose Bowl, and we have a shot at it. If SC wins, KD is gone. WIN-WIN!
I'm tired of Bruin negativity. Yes KD sucks. Yes UCLA football threw away its season. But let's look at the bright side here, beyond just our WIN-WIN Saturday:
- Our best player Kahlil Bell may not be amazing, but he did average 5.6 yds per carry with little help from an otherwise anemic offense. He's back next year.
- Markey is a senior.
- Forbath is good.
- SC is back to the pack.
- We have a theoretically decent recruiting class (no 5 stars mind you, but at least a few of these guys will fill holes).
- All these injuries have shown us a lot about who on this team is good and who is not. That will help next year's new head coach.
- The fans here at Bruins Nation prove that we do remember--UCLA is a football school, and even a season like this (in which we could be anywhere from 1-5 in the conference), is unacceptable.
- We may choke it up, but man....we're not NEARLY as pathetic as Cal. Every year, top 10 preseason, completely fall apart.
I stand by my previous post--I take an SC loss, any day, any circumstance. But on this very rare occasion, the pain of a rivalry defeat could be tempered by the chance of change. So don't mope--SMILE!! For once, no worries going in, no worries coming out. I'm looking forward to it!