Just something light to ease the tension until Decision Monday.
In honor of
Blue and Gold Week Beat SC Week and the Thanksgiving Holiday, I thought I'd say a hearty "thank you" to our friends at Southern Cal.
No, really. I honestly couldn't ask for a more reliable source of entertainment than our Trojan friends. Folks, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
So, to recognize this year's UCLA/Southern Cal game, let's walk down memory lane and remember (and ridicule) the best Trojan gaffs and amusing tidbits of 2007. I was going to do a Top 10, but it turns out that there are more than that. And 2007 isn't over, so I doubt this is it. But, here we go:
- No. 15: Southern Cal hockey player melts down and moons crowd after loss to BYU.
- No. 14: "Gap closer" Gabe Pruitt flunks out of Fig Tech (can you really do that?).
- No. 13: Trojies add convicted felon Suge Knight to Southern Cal's illustrious list of sideline visitors (including Snoop and OJ).
- No. 12: Southern Cal booster treats Trojie footballers to questionable Billionaire Boys Club barbecue.
- No. 11: Cheatey Petey reveals that he knows The Secret (he's does know all, you know).
- No. 10: OJ2 gets suspended for bumping a high school official after getting T'd up.
- No. 9: Trojies allegedly skirted recruiting rules by getting Joe McKnight the Bush treatment to get him to sign.
- No. 8: OJ2's crew gets popped for marijuana possession.
- No. 7: Timmeh reaches new recruiting lows, including shady dealings with OJ2, pandering to Lil' Romeo's friends (aka selling roster spots), and nepotism.
- No. 6: OJ2 goes ballistic and breaks Daniel Hackett's jaw.
- No. 5: Pretty boy Matt Lienart is exposed as a deadbeat dad.
- No. 4: Two words: Senora Ross. Everyone gets at least a "B." Yes, everyone.
- No. 3: Trojan football players involved in disgusting, racist Facebook group called "White Nation," and face zero punishment despite the fallout.
- No. 2: USC assistant coach Todd Mc
DogfighterNair is linked to an ugly and horrifying dog fighting operation and numerous animal cruelty convictions.
... and ...
- No. 1: Reggie Bush selfishly throws Southern Cal under the bus after numerous NCAA violations, exposing them to sanctions by firing his agent, and allowing his former marketeers to play the tapes and turn over the records.
Anyway, that's just my list. What do you think? Did I miss anything? What would your order be?
Aww, like I said. Southern Cal- the gift that keeps on giving.