Bruin-whatshisname made yet another diary that was attacking Nestor and Bruins Nation. I wanted to respond to it. In bold is a list of 5 "rules" he wrote as a conclusion to a long whining post.
1. Do not disagree with Nestor or his cronies.
Anyone can disagree as long as the disagreement is based on facts. Facts that you can defend, or even better, that need no defending.
2. Do not try to share your opinion unless you can back it up with evidence that it is the same as Nestor and his cronies.
Back it up with evidence. Period.
3. Do not defend or make non-negative comments in response to anyone who disagrees with Nestor and/or his cronies.
I make non-negative comments in response to people who disagree with Nestor relatively frequently, but I also contribute to the site and never make a diary whose sole purpose is to complain about how one man decides to run his site.
4. Do not defend yourself if Nestor or any of his cronies respond to any of your posts to point out how wrong you unquestionably are.
Again, just defend yourself with an argument that can stand on its own. Hell, I comment on Conquest Chronicles now and then with little jabs at sc, but whatever I say is well reasoned and difficult to argue against.
5. Do not in any way suggest that Nestor or his cronies are not completely fair and just and represent the majority opinion of the total combined visitors to Bruins Nation (whether outspoken or silent).
First of all, the majority opinion on this site IS that KD needs to go; it's been well established. Second, even if the opposite were true, it doesn't matter. This is Nestor's blog. A couple of years ago he decided to write his opinions on the internet. People began to read his opinions and started to check the blog every day. It's become a rather big site now, but that doesn't mean that this isn't his blog anymore. He's still a guy who spends his spare time writing about sports at his alma mater. Maybe if you were paying him money to read his blog you'd have some input as to what gets published, but you don't, and so you are correct in your assertion that you have no rights. If you think that this site is backwards and that the other side needs to be heard, make your own blog. That's what Nestor did in response to everyone defending Lavin. He thought that there were too many people who had it all wrong, so instead of bitching over and over on other sites, he decided to make his own. DefendDorrell.com, buy the name, start the blog, recruit readers with great writing based on hard facts. Hell, make some shirts and see how well they sell. That's the best way to get your opinion heard, rather than whining here.