ESPN.com's Marc Stein is reporting that Baron Davis has agreed to a 5 year deal with the Clippers.
NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.
Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.
Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.
It's interesting that Baron said he wanted to stay with GS, but agreed w/ the Clipps so quickly. Also interesting that his new deal with pay him about $4.5 million a year less than the one he opted out of. Anyway, nice to have a Bruin back in LA. Good luck Baron.