UPDATE: IF YOU JUST PUT "JOHNSON" IN THE COMMENTS AS YOUR CONTEST ENTRY, I'M GOING TO ASSUME YOU MEANT DOMINIQUE JOHNSON. IF YOU WANT JERRY JOHNSON, BE SURE TO LET US KNOW. -- ACHILLES
Let's start this post off with a major league Hat Tip to Halos Heaven.
Halos Heaven is, of course, this network's blog for the Los Angeles Angels. I'm an Angels fan and became a reader of that blog this season. I wish I had the time to post there, they do a real good job covering the team and there are a lot of good fans there posting.
What does that have to do with the Bruins?
Well, I'm stealing borrowing plagiarizing adapting one of their game day rituals for the Bruin football season. See, before every game, they ask readers for their pregame guesses. Earlier this week they asked:
7:05 PM on FSNW - Pregame Guesses:
- # of Angel offensive strikeouts
- # of Angel defensive double plays
- # of HR in game, both teams combined total
Another time this week they asked:
Pregame Guesses: Name 3 Angels who will safely reach base twice in the game.
And another time:
- # of Twins batters recording a Plate Appearance in 1st inning
- # of Angels batters recording a Plate Appearance in 1st inning
- Over/ Under 17.5: # of pitches thrown by the Angels Starting Pitcher in the 1st inning.
For every answer you get right, you get a point. So, you can get three points for every game. After every game, they put up the results and there are season long standings.
We decided, we're going to play the game, too.
For every UCLA game this season, I'll put up three questions about the upcoming game. A day or two later, I'll tally up the week and I'll try to get the season standings posted, too. We haven't talked it all through yet, but maybe we'll get some prizes for the end of the season -- we'll see what we can do.
If we're having fun with it, I'll do the basketball games, too.
So, here are your Pregame Guesses for UCLA-Tennessee:
- Name a UCLA player who will catch at least three passes (you may answer "none")
- Total rushing yards (within 10) for Kahlil Bell
- Name a UCLA player who makes an interception
Just put your answers in THE SUBJECT LINE of your response to this thread. For example, the subject line of your post might be:
Everett, 65, Moore
Austin, 70, Verner
Have fun, Go Bruins (and Go Angels, too)