Kickoff is officially just eight hours away. But why wait that long to unleash our passion bucket?
Photo Credit: maveric2003's photostream (flickr)
For those of you who live outside Southern California and want to join other fellow Bruins to watch the game, here are some locations to get together from around the nation:
- Bay Area Bruins are putting together three parties. One is going to be at the Stadium Pub in East Bay at 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek. If you want to join this party please RSVP to Rich here. There is going to be another one at Palo Alto at the New Old Pro Sports Bar at 541 Ramona Ave. You can RSVP to Jerry here. And if you are in San Francisco, you can head over to Pete's Tavern at 128 King St. RSVP to Roscoe here.
- Alums in NYC will be watching Southern Hospitality. Southern Hospitality located at 1460 Second Avenue at 76th street. Go here to RSVP (in the last min).
- Alums in Washington, DC will be watching the game at the Green Turtle Sports Bar at 601 F Street, NW. More info. on the Green Turtle here.
- In Chicago, the Bruins watch their games at Joe's Bar, located at 940 W. Weed St. Here are the details.
- If you live in Honolulu you can head over to Round Table Pizza Waikiki, in the Ohana East Hotel at 150 Kaiulani Ave.
Again, those are the get-togethers we know of. For more on alumni club football watching parties visit this site. If you have info on where the alumni group are watching the games in your town, post the info here. One note to keep in mind - even though these get togethers are hosted by alums - of course, they are open to every member of Bruin Nation.
Otherwise, if you are hanging out here, we will have our first official BN open game thread of the Neuheisel era up about an hour before the kickoff. Until then if you need to get out any last minute thoughts, observations, pre game jitters or just yell at the "pundits" on WWL this thread is for you.
Fire away in our 2008's first pre game party thread.