Bumped. GO BRUINS. -N
Less than three weeks ago the electric feeling in the Rose Bowl was almost palpable as the Bruins staged an incredible comeback win. Anything seemed possible. Then . . . 59-0 happened. Those who read BN regularly know that reality for this season lies somewhere between those two games, (unfortunately) more like today's game.
- 115 yards rushing
- no interceptions
- two punts inside the two-yard line
- defense scores a touchdown and has multiple "3 and outs"
- less than 200 total yards of offense
- 3 points scored by the offense
- Six penalties
- Special teams breakdowns - fumbled punt and horrendous punt coverage
- So far this season, the offense has scored the same number of touchdowns (2) as the defense
- Rose Bowl crowd starts leaving with nearly 13 minutes left in the game and the Bruins down 24-10
I anticipate more bandwagoners jumping ship with Fresno State coming into town next weekend. To them I say, you're missing the beginning of the Neu Era. Good times are ahead and true blue Bruin fans will support the team at the top of the peaks and down through the valleys.
Some of CRN's postgame remarks: Coach Neuheisel, the whole coaching staff, and our team need our support more than ever. So, head on down to the Rose Bowl every chance you get! (click on photo below for slideshow)