I know that Notre Dame defeated UCLA in South Bend, Indiana on October 21, 2006. I will always remember this date for two reasons:
1. I originally had tickets to the game but was not there.
2. I was not there because I got married that day.
There's more to the story than this but let's just say, given the conclusion to the game, I am glad I got married and did not go to the game to be left with that particular memory. (Thanks, Karl!)
I am now planning a trip to hopefully see Notre Dame play Michigan on September 11, 2010 at Notre Dame Stadium and I thought I would hit up my friends at BN for any insight. I plan to travel to and stay in Chicago for a few days before the game but does anyone have any insight as to:
1. Getting to South Bend from Chicago (shuttles? buses? planes, trains, automobiles?).
2. Getting tickets to the game (Notre Dame's website is not particularly helpful and I was appalled to see some suggested donation of $1,500 just to join some club in order to get a ticket or something).
3. Anything in particular which I should check out on ND's campus.
I appreciate any insight anyone may have and thank everyone for any skinny in advance. For what it's worth, I'm not a huge Michigan or ND fan, but I never pass up an opportunity to check out historic places, including historic stadiums or ballparks. I can't miss this opportunity (again) and I don't think any more marriages are in my immediate future.