Bumped. GO BRUINS. -N
Here is link to the official 2010 NCAA Tournament bracket on ESPN:
Now, yes, I know; watching the NCAA Tournament without our Bruins is going to be tough. But, really..."I'm not even going to watch because UCLA's not in"? Yeah I know, we're all UCLA fans first, but we're also sports fans in general, and not watching the NCAA Tournament means depriving ourselves of one of the great sports fan rituals of the year. Personally, here's how I'm going to make the tournament exciting for myself:
- Root like hell for Montana (#14 seed) in Round 1; sister graduated from there last June.
- Either root for Florida to get completely decimated (we're talking like a 45-point blowout) or come up on the short end of an all-time miracle finish (75-foot buzzer-beater for a one-point BYU win, maybe?).
- Root for Notre Dame to reach the Final Four. Even if you hate the Irish, I mean, come on; almost no school has as rich of a sports tradition as ND, and have they had ANY moments of happiness sports-wise in the last 10 years?
- Root for Cal to upset Duke and reach the Sweet Sixteen. I know a lot of people here don't like Cal, but after this Pac-10 season don't we need SOME conference pride? And it's not like we'd be rooting for Cal to beat 1990 Loyola Marymount here; we're talking about 2010 Duke. So yeah, go Bears at least for the time being.
- Root for any and all teams against Kentucky and the cheating ways of John Cal.
- Enjoy all the usual things about March Madness: gluing my eyes to the TV when a 16 seed comes within 4 points of a 1 seed, jumping on a 15 seed's bandwagon in the final two minutes even if it would destroy my bracket, hardly breathing in the final 10 seconds of a one-point game, etc etc etc. There's nothing quite like the NCAA Tourney experience, and I love it.
For the final time: yes, it sucks that UCLA will not be participating this year. But you know what? We'll be back, and very soon; I still trust Howland, and believe that the Jerime/Lee/Honeycutt/Nelson/Smith quintet has enough talent to bring us back to the postseason next year. For now, though, it's just time to enjoy one of the simple pleasures of being a sports fan, for me anyway.
So who are you guys rooting for? Let's discuss!