At Coach Wooden's website, coachwooden.com, you can watch and listen to Coach explain his philosophies, including the seven point creed.
John Wooden's Seven Point Creed, given to him by his father Joshua upon his graduation from grammar school, is as follows.
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make friendship a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.
I can't think of a better way to honor Coach is to strive to follow his father's advice, and it wouldn't hurt us to do so either.