Please take note of these rules so that we can optimize our experience as a lively Bruin community:
- FanPosts need to be more than one line. In fact, they should be more than one paragraph or at least 75 words.
- FanPost entries need to deal with something of substance.
- DO NO CUT AND PASTE ENTIRE ARTICLE.
- Make sure to link to any article on the web that you want to quote. We want to give everyone their due.
- If you are going to excerpt content from another source please provide a link or a specific citation.
- Do not post subscription based content from another source without permission.
- If you post pictures/images please provide either a link or citation to where you got the picture from
- Before posting excerpt of an article, a link or bringing up a news story, please skim through the main page posts, FanPosts and FanShots to see someone else has already linked it. If someone has already linked it put up your post only if it adds a different perspective the ongoing discussion. Otherwise repetitive posts (and comments) will be deleted.
- Do not post links to illegal content, including pirated streams or feeds. Doing so makes you subject to immediate banning by BN and throughout the SBN family of websites.
Please follow these guidelines and treat everyone with respect.
Please use the comment thread in main page posts for short comments.
Please use the FanShots for quickfire posts to share images, links, quotes et.
Any insult or any comment that would be perceived as an insult, attack or a lecture to the moderators could be subjected deletion, warning or subsequent banning. The moderators reserve the right to delete any post or comment that is deemed not appropriate for Bruins Nation. Also, we will not tolerate any lectures to moderators on how they should run this community.
Relentless negativity will not be tolerated. What constitutes "relentless negativity"? It's simple: simply posting the Bruins suck 100 percent of the time or the coaches are screwing up left and right without reasoning or proposing solutions. There is nothing helpful about someone who constantly says that their team "sucks" and complains. We're all fans and we all get frustrated when the team doesn't perform or has bad luck, but regurgitating the same venom over and over again doesn't help anything or anyone. BN is aiming to be better than that. If you continue to do nothing but post negativity, you may lose posting privileges without warning. There's a difference between someone who aims to point out flaws and be constructive and someone who is destructive. If you post string of fanposts or comments in a row about how Bruins stink or coaches are terrible with no reasoning or proposals, that is basically trolling and that's how it will be treated. The goal is to make this community fun for everyone.
Likewise, incredibly stupid, offensive, or moronic comments are subject to immediately removal from BN, at the discretion of the moderators. What would fit this, you ask? Examples include racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other talk that attacks or insults a specific protected class (gender/ethnicity/national origin/religion/etc.), but also saying brainless things such as alleging John Wooden was a "cheater" because of Sam Gilbert.
Also note (Trojans pay close attention to this) if you insult UCLA or anyone/anything associated with UCLA you could be subjected to immediate banning. There are lots of message boards to engage in cheap trash/smack talk.
So carry on folks and keep the terrific posts/shots/comments full of Bruin passion and pride coming.