This is not intended to predict anything. It is just food for thought that an NFL record is a poor predictor, period. I believe the manner in which the coaching search was conducted was a microcosm of the ineptitude of our AD for the past ten years, and that the clueless statement from our Chancellor is emblematic of the horrible culture in our Administration that any head coach we hire must somehow overcome to succeed. We still need regime change at the top.
Mr. Mora, however, is a new Bruin and our Head Coach. He is entrusted with recruiting, developing and coaching our football players with class and dignity. I welcome him to our family. May he live long and prosper. Above all, may he challenge and change our recent culture of mediocrity, meet all of his lofty expectations for himself and our program, man up our historically soft program, never forget 50-0 and return the favor to our arrogant and petty rivals, big time.
Anyway, see if you can guess who these coaches are.
1-3 resigned, team finished 9-7 with another HC (8-4)
35-51-2 in 6.25 years averaging roughly 6-8 in 14 game seasons
5-7 so far
1. Tommy Prothro: legendary UCLA coach.
2. Nick Saban: legendary, controversial National Championship coach at Alabama.
3. Pete Carroll: legendary college cheater who forfeited a National Championship.
4. Bill Belichick: legendary Super Bowl winner and best coach in football. Period. (Record was his gig as NY Jets coach.)
5. Jim L. Mora: new UCLA head coach.
I'm not saying ... Just food for thought.