It's Saturday morning and there are a handful of interesting college match-ups on tap for today, starting with one currently in progress: the C-USA conference championship featuring Larry Fedora (a coaching candidate UCLA should seriously look at) and his Southern Miss squad versus Kevin Sumlin (a coaching candidate Guerrero will try to get to the consternation of Bruins everywhere) and the
Fighting Case Keenums Houston Cougars.
So here's a break-down of some games to watch:
- #24 Southern Miss @ #6 Houston - 9:00 a.m. PST - ABC
- Connecticut at Cincinnati - 9:00 a.m. PST - ESPN
- #22 Texas @ #17 Baylor - 12:30 p.m. PST - ABC
- #14 Georgia vs. #1 LSU (at Georgia Dome) - 1:00 p.m. PST - CBS
- New Mexico @ #7 Boise State - 3 p.m. PST - The Mtn. Network (LOL if Petersen stays, to keep having games on an even more garbage network than FSN and Versus, rather than rebuilding a BCS conference program into national prominence)
- #10 Oklahoma @ #3 Oklahoma State - 5 p.m. PST - ABC
- #5 Virginia Tech vs. #20 Clemson (at Charlotte) - 5 p.m. PST - ESPN
- #15 Wisconsin vs. #13 Michigan State (at Indianapolis) - 5:17 p.m. PST - FOX
So, we have a handful of interesting games on tap, including a handful that have candidates (Fedora, Richt, Petesen, Dantonio, Jones) that should be on UCLA's coaching search radar, and at least one candidate (Sumlin) that we need to stay away from (at the time I'm writing, Fedora is up on Sumlin 14-7, despite being the underdog and playing at Houston).
Fire away with your coaching hot stove/college football Saturday thoughts, comments, and takes in the open thread.