Following up on the details of BN scholarship/fellowship program we posted last Friday. Since we shared it on a Friday heading into a long 4th of July weekend, it may have been missed by lot of folks here. So in case you missed it, here are the detail again.
A one year scholarship in the amount of $4,000 will be given to current UCLA student and a fellowship will be awarded to recent UCLA alum, who graduated on or after 2008. Here are the criterias:
- Someone who has been an active member of BruinsNation. By active we mean someone who has not only partaken in comment thread discussion but also enriched this community through contributions in the fanpost and fanshot section, adding new dimensions to the ongoing narrative in this community.
- Someone who understands the meta narrative of BruinsNation which includes but is not limited to holding all of our programs accountable according to standards set by 107 NCAA championships.
- We are looking for a candidate, who is well tuned to all Bruin related news developments in all traditional and new media outlets. This means someone who if needed will be able to jump on breaking news developments emanating from both traditional and new media outlets.
- Interest should be indicated by sending a formal email with copies of your resume and UCLA transcript to BruinsNation at gmail dot com. In the email please make sure to provide at least two references from current UCLA professor (with verifiable official UCLA contact information)..
- Please indicate your interest by emailing us by July 22, 2011 with the subject header "BruinsNation: 2011-12 Scholarship Application." If you are an alum use "Fellowship."
- The frontpagers will be screening the applications. If we are interested we will be following up with emails and will set up follow-up interviews as needed either in person or via phone.
What we are looking from the candidate who will be awarded the scholarship/fellowship:
- A one year commitment to BruinsNation that will entail publishing at least 3 front page caliber posts every week.
- What the frontpage posts would be about could depend on the candidates' interest. We would love to have candidates who are interested in all UCLA athletics related matters and can zero in on big storylines as they develop. At the same time a. candidate could specifically pick a sport, and develop his or her portfolio like Ryan Rosenblatt has done over the years.
- Note while we view a 3 frontpage posts quota as a ceiling, we will look favorably upon candidate, who will indicate interest with an established track record on BN that he or she would go above and beyond by adding conversations in all corners of BN (fanposts, fanshots etc).
As mentioned above, if you are interested please submit your email by July 22. We are hoping that we will have enough applicants that we can go through our evaluations and reach a decision by August 22, 2011. More details here. If you have questions please let us know through the comment threads here and don't be shy to email us.