As gbruin just noted on his frontpage post "we're still here." We understand that the much hyped game against Texas is not going to make or break our season. We are not going to make any broad conclusions based on the result of this game like many of us did following last year's big win. We play to keep our eyes focused on the big picture and what the Bruins need to do to re-establish this football program (which at a bare minimum should translate into a winning record in the conference and a victory over Southern Cal).
That said, this Saturday should be a festive atmosphere at the Rose Bowl. Before I start listing the game watching parties after the jump, let me emphasize this: show the Longhorn fans same respect and hospitality, they treated the Bruin fans with when UCLA visited Texas. By all accounts Texas fans were gracious and classy even after the Bruins pulled out a huge win. So when you are at the Rose Bowl this weekend, roll out the blue and gold carpet of hospitality for the Burnt Orange Nation.
For those who live outside LA and are looking for places to watch the game, let's make this another game watching party organizing thread. I will go ahead and list the sports from the big cities. Our assumption is that these are all regular weekend watching spots. If they are not, please pipe up in the comment threads.
As for game watching parties at smaller cities, just list them again here or let us know that they are going to be regular watching parties on every Saturday and we will include them in next week's post.
So here we go. The parties are listed after the flip.
Links to Mapquest are included to make sure nobody gets lost and misses kick off.
- New York City: Dempsey's Pub, East Village on 2nd Avenue, between 3rd and 4th Street - Map
- Washington, DC: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW (Steps from Metro Center metro station).Details, RSVP. Map.
- Boston: Battery Park Bar & Lounge, 33 Batterymarch Street, Boston, MA 02110 , Map.
- Chicago: Joe’s Bar, 940 W. Weed Street Chicago, IL 60622, Map.
- Denver: Irish Snug, 1201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO. (ht gbruin) - Details, RSVP - Map
- Phoenix: Goldie's Sports Cafe at 10135 E Via Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 - Map
- Portland/Beaverton: Big Al’s in Beaverton, 14950 SW Barrows Rd., Beaverton, OR, Map.
- Walnut Creek: Stadium Pub, 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA 94956, Map
- Palo Alto: The Old Pro, 541 Ramona Street, Palo Alto, CA, Map.
- San Francisco: *Location Change* The Wreckroom Bar, 1390 California Street @ Hyde, San Francisco, CA 94109, Map.
- Greater Southern California: The Rose Bowl, Pasadena.