Some here may be wondering what is the point of doing a post like this and helping to organize "watch parties" given the gloom and doom around our program. From my perspective at times like this gatherings like these take on greater significance.
These gatherings give you a chance to connect with UCLA alums who bleed blue and gold to their core. More importantly it gives you a chance to commiserate (which is just as important as celebrating success together), talk out our problems and perhaps get more folks to engage in important conversation taking place here and elsewhere concerning the state of UCLA Athletics.
So on that note, let's make this another game watching party organizing thread. I will go ahead and list the sports from the big cities. Our assumption is that these are all regular weekend watching spots. If they are not, please pipe up in the comment threads.
As for game watching parties at smaller cities, just list them again here or let us know that they are going to be regular watching parties on every Saturday and we will include them in next week's post.
So here we go. The parties are listed after the flip.
Links to Mapquest are included to make sure nobody gets lost and misses kick off.
- New York City: Dempsey's Pub, East Village on 2nd Avenue, between 3rd and 4th Street - Map
- Washington, DC: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW (Steps from Metro Center metro station).Details, RSVP. Map.
- Boston: McFadden's, 148 State Street Boston, MA 02109, Map.
- Chicago: Joe’s Bar, 940 W. Weed Street Chicago, IL 60622, Map.
- Denver: Irish Snug, 1201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO. (ht gbruin) - Details, RSVP - Map
- Phoenix: Goldie's Sports Cafe at 10135 E Via Linda, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 - Map
- Portland/Beaverton: Big Al’s in Beaverton, 14950 SW Barrows Rd., Beaverton, OR, Map.
- Walnut Creek: Stadium Pub, 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA 94956, Map
- Palo Alto: The Old Pro, 541 Ramona Street, Palo Alto, CA, Map.
- San Francisco: Pete's Tavern, 128 King St., San Francisco, CA, Map.
- South Bay: Tavern on Main 123 Main Street El Segundo, CA, Map.
- Orange County: Coast Point, 2800 W Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA (RSVP to Ryan Johnson, rmj[at]ryanmjohnson.com) Map.
Also, keep an eye on our Facebook Fan page. Folks are posting information there as well on game watching parties.