Ezra Shaw - Getty Images
Thursday night and football is back! Also the real NFL referees! This is your place to talk about tonight's action on the gridiron, and also to find out where to watch this Saturday's UCLA game with a group of fellow Bruins.
Thursday night is here again, and with it, more football. The only college game of the night is a national Pac-12 showcase, as Stanford is playing at Washington. The game kicks off at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT and will be shown nationally on ESPN, and can be streamed via ESPN360.
Also here again are the regular NFL referees. In the wake of three weeks of incompetence brought to us by Roger Goodell and his merry band of scab referees, the league and the referees union reached a new Collective Bargaining Agreement early this morning, leading to the end of the lockout. The real refs will return to work starting with tonight's game in Baltimore between the Ravens and Browns - as if there were not already enough storylines in a game featuring those two franchises. The game starts at 5:20pm PDT/8:20pm EDT and will be shown on the NFL Network.
These are the watch parties that we are aware of for this week's game. In past weeks, we have posted other alumni gatherings that may or may not be meeting this Saturday. If you have info on the status of those gatherings, or know of any others - whether 'official' parties or if you are just planning on hitting up a sports bar and want to see if any other Bruins are in the vicinity and want to join you - let us know in the comments.
- San Fernando Valley: Black Angus Bullseye Bar - 9145 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA.
- South Bay: San Pedro Brewing Company - 331 W. 6th St. San Pedro, CA.
- Ventura County: Black Angus - 4718 Telephone Rd, Ventura, CA. I believe this is a Pac-12 Network availability-dictated venue. Follow this link to get more info.
- San Diego: Randy Jones All-American Grill - 7510 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA. (Mission Valley - follow this link to RSVP or for more information)
San Francisco Bay Area:
- San Francisco:
Pete's Tavern -128 King Street, San Francisco, CA.(Across from AT&T Park)
- The SF viewing party has moved for this week due to Pac-12 Network availability.
The Republic bar – NEW venue this week due to Pac-12 Network Availability
3213 Scott Street, San Francisco, CA. (RSVP to: Henry@alumni.ucla.edu)
- Peninsula/South Bay: The Old Pro - 541 Ramona Ave, Palo Alto, CA.
- East Bay: The Stadium Pub -1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA.
Washington D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW, Washington, DC.
This is your Thursday Night Football open thread