Pac-12 just released its official schedule for 2012 football season. Here is how our schedule shapes up:
Sat., Sept. 1 UCLA at Rice
Sat. Sept. 8 Nebraska at UCLA
Sat., Sept. 15 Houston at UCLA
Sat., Sept. 22 Oregon State at UCLA
Sat., Sept. 29 UCLA at Colorado
Sat., Oct. 6 UCLA at California
Sat., Oct. 13 Utah at UCLA
Sat., Oct. 20 BYE
Sat., Oct. 27 UCLA at Arizona State
Sat., Nov. 3 Arizona at UCLA
Sat., Nov. 10 UCLA at Washington State
Sat., Nov. 17 Southern Cal at UCLA
Sat., Nov. 24 Stanford at UCLA
The full Pac-12 schedule can be viewed here.
Coach Jim Mora will officially kick off his Pac-12 season with a must win game against Oregon State at the Rose Bowl. Other items that stand out to us:
- We play Southern Cal the weekend before thanksgiving. That is how it used to be during the 90s when Bruins routinely beat the Trojans
- Our last game of the season is against Stanford
- No games against Oregon or
- No Thursday/Friday night games. We don't have to worry about getting embarrassed on national TV.
- We do not get a bye until our 8th week
The schedule is more than manageable. The road trip to Pullman against Mike Leach's Cougars will be tough. Other road games look very winnable. Bruin fans should expect Mora to put together a big first season that should feature about 9 wins and ending the streak against SC.