For most of us here, the weekend is now upon us. And with that fact comes the need for football. There is one college game tonight, as the Washington Huskies travel to Berkeley to play the Bears at 6pm Pacific on ESPN2 (streamable via ESPN360). UW comes into the game 4-4 - while at 3-6, Cal is now into the elimination-game portion of their schedule: lose once more, and they become bowl-ineligible. To make it even more fun for Tedford's boys, Keenan Allen will miss the game due to a knee injury. How did we get blown out by those guys again?
There is also a heavy slate of NBA games on tonight, for folks interested. This includes Clippers v. Lakers at 7:30 Pacific on ESPN, or FSW2 in Southern California.
These are the watch parties that we are aware of for this week's game. In past weeks, we have posted other alumni gatherings that may or may not be meeting this Saturday. If you have info on the status of those gatherings, or know of any others - whether 'official' parties or if you are just planning on hitting up a sports bar and want to see if any other Bruins are in the vicinity and want to join you - let us know in the comments.
- San Fernando Valley: Black Angus Bullseye Bar - 9145 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA.
- South Bay: San Pedro Brewing Company - 331 W. 6th St. San Pedro, CA.
- Ventura County: Black Angus - 4718 Telephone Rd, Ventura, CA. I believe this is a Pac-12 Network availability-dictated venue. Follow this link to get more info.
- San Diego: Randy Jones All-American Grill - 7510 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA. (Mission Valley - follow this link to RSVP or for more information)
San Francisco Bay Area:
- San Francisco:
Pete's Tavern -128 King Street, San Francisco, CA.(Across from AT&T Park)
- The Brickyard - NEW venue change due to Pac-12 Network Availability (www.brickyardsf.com) 1787 Union Street, San Francisco, CA.
- Peninsula/South Bay: The Old Pro - 541 Ramona Ave, Palo Alto, CA.
- East Bay: The Stadium Pub -1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA.
Boston: The North Star - 222 Friend St, Boston, MA.
New York: Smithfield's NYC, 215 W. 28th St., New York, NY. (Between 7th and 8th Aves.)
Washington D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW, Washington, DC.
This is your Friday Night Football open thread