Mean to share this with you guys but we were all too consumed with football and the Ben Howland train wreck. ICYMI - there has been some change with our mobile platform to address some of the concerns that had been brought up on BN and other SBN communities.
1) Footer changes: This is the one change that is across all versions of the sites. We put more emphasis on the community in the footer, adding both the site logo and links to FanPosts, FanShots, the site navigation. This is now responsive and re-organized as well.
2) Mobile header changes: We've visually separated the header from the page content with a drop shadow and changed the format of the nav drop-down (including making the button larger).
3) Navigation dropdown: Optimized this for better looking fonts.
4) Article changes: We did a lot of clean-up on the mobile view of article pages that removed a lot of clutter, including:
- Moving the top comment count icon to the same line as the author byline.
- Shrinking the size of Facebook, Twitter, and Recommend buttons beneath the article
- Removing comment count directly beneath the article (redundant since the top of the comments section has the count as well)
- Removing Recent Posts and Trending Stories from the mobile view of the article pages (The Next Read remains)
- Toned down the treatment for The Next Read so it does not add any clutter between content and the comments.
- Increased font size of the Comments header.
- Cleaned up the comment header to look a little nicer.
Thanks again for all the feedback on BN. Folks at SBN will continue to work on improving members' user experience on BN and other sites.