Well - next few days are going to be painful as there will be lot of decent bowl games around the country and we are going to get to see many teams pull of the happy ending we haven't gotten at UCLA I more than a generation. Yes, we got a "bowl win" 3 years ago on a frozen ice rink in D.C. (hey, I was there) but it didn't come close to matching the exuberance we felt after winning the Cotton Bowl in 1997, which had us salivating for Cade's senior season in Westwood.
Still, I am sure there will be few who will be taking in some football. And there are couple of Pac-12 games on the docket. Here is the schedule from ESPN (all times below are PST):
- 8:45 AM Rice vs. Air Force (BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL) [ESPN]
- 12:15 PM West Virginia vs. Syracuse (NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL) [ESPN]
- 1:00 PM Navy vs. Arizona State (KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL) [ESPN2]
- 3:45 PM No. 23 Texas vs. No. 13 Oregon State (VALERO ALAMO BOWL) [ESPN]
- 7:15 PM TCU vs. Michigan State (BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL) [ESPN]
By the time this post has gone up, the Rice/Air Force game is probably underway. If others are watching - especially the Pac-12 games, fire away your thoughts, post scores (for those of us checking in) every now and then. Enjoy your Saturday.