Signing day is here! Coach Mora was hired in mid-December, and he and and his staff have been preparing themselves for this day ever since. The recruiting class has been reformed after Rick Neuheisel was let go, and all of us at Bruins Nation have been cautiously optimistic about the coaching staff's ability to close on the recruits that have committed and those that are announcing today. We currently have 25 commits, and we'll keep track of the letters of intent as they come in throughout the day.
In last few hours reportedly we have picked up a commitment from WR Kenny Walker (a former Cal commit). The Walker commitment has been confirmed by multiple sources including BRO. His commitment is a significant one because WR is a position of need in this year's class. So welcome to Westwood Kenny!
In the past few days, we've seen targets Shaq Thompson and Jordan Payton commit to Washington, as well as Arik Armstead commit to Oregon. While they were all targets, it is simply a testament to Coach Mora & Co.'s tenacity to even have UCLA considered among any of them. Remember, when Coach Mora was hired, none of them were even looking at UCLA. Had the staff been given another month, who knows what could have happened.
We've also had some very good news lately. Devin Fuller and Simon Goines both committed over the weekend, with Fuller announcing Sunday and Goines announcing Monday. We look forward to the day these two step on the field and represent UCLA.
More after the jump.
- Javon Williams, (Arkansas, UCLA) [9 to 10 am PST, on FoxSportsArizona.com]
- Aziz Shittu, (Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Southern Cal) [2 pm PST]
- Bryce Treggs, (Cal, UCLA, Southern Cal) [3 to 5 pm PST, on FoxSportsWest.com]
- Randall Goforth, (Arizona St., UCLA, Washington) [3 to 5 pm PST, on FoxSportsWest.com]
- Bryan Harper, (Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Washington) [3 to 5 pm PST, on FoxSportsWest.com]
- Seth Jacobs, (Oklahoma St., Arkansas, UCLA, Colorado, around 6:30 pm PST]
So here we go. This is your opening thread for National Signing Day. Start filling it up with your thoughts, observations and any news that comes in UCLA related or otherwise that you find interesting. It's a big day for all of college football and this is your open thread to share the day with the rest of the community.