Get 'em, Spartans!
Who wants a spot in the Sweet 16? Anyone? Anyone? Well, UCLA apparently didn't want a spot in the tournament, but eight teams have already booked their spot in the Sweet 16 and 16 more will take to the court today with the hope of filling out one of the eight remaining spots. More madness!
In case you missed it, Friday was the crazy day of the tournament and that is why just one of today's eight second round games is a chalk match-up. The rest are fulled with at least one team that pulled off an upset, and in some case, there are two upset pullers. Games like Florida vs. Norfolk St., South Florida vs. Ohio and Xavier vs. Lehigh guarantee to give us some big number seeds in the Sweet 16.
A couole names to keep an eye on: Michigan St.'s Draymond Green, who had a triple-double in Sparty's first round game and Norfolk St.'s Kyle O'Quinn, who not only led the other Spartans to a major upset, but also became a fan favorite for saying that their winning busted his own bracket and singing One Shining Moment on TV.
Today's schedule is below. All of the games are being televised, on one of four networks (CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV) and streamed online via MMOD ($3.99 for the remainder of the tournament).
- 9:15 am PT: Georgetown (3) vs. NC State (11) - CBS
- 11:45 am PT: Michigan St. (1) vs. St. Louis (9) - CBS
- 2:15 pm PT: North Carolina (1) vs. Creighton (8) - CBS
- 3:10 pm PT: Florida (7) vs. Norfolk St. (15) - TNT
- 4:10 pm PT: South Florida (12) vs. Ohio (13) - TBS
- 4:45 pm PT: Xavier (10) vs. Lehigh (15) - TruTV
- 5:40 pm PT: Kansas (2) vs. Purdue (10) - TNT
- 6:40 pm PT: Florida St. (3) vs. Cincinnati - TBS