In addition to the news that Tony Parker has become the third of the four freshman to be hurt, the official roster page is up for the 2012. A couple things of interest:
1. Josh Smith is still listed at 305. This shows the UCLA SID still is taking lessons from Baghdad Bob.
2. Kyle Anderson is listed as 6'9" 235. The latter number is significant. Anderson outweighs both Wear twins and is only an inch shorter. (Interestingly elsewhere he has been measured taller than Tony Parker.) Anderson as a four on defense does not look bad.
3. Tony Parker is listed as a Forward/Center while the Wears are only listed as forwards. Not sure this means anything. It should mean that Parker and Stover battle for the backup Center spot (hopefully) and could mean that we see a Parker and Smith together lineup (unlikely). It is of note that Parker claims to have a jumper. I still doubt he sees much action at the four. But before those of you count out the Wears at Center, keep in mind with Parker and Stover hurt for China, the Wears must play Center some on the trip.
5. Adams made 34 free throws in a row in high school as a senior and shot 89% from the free throw line as a junior. Adams may be the best pure shooter UCLA has had since Michael Roll.
6. Shabazz, Kyle, and Tony Parker all won versions of their state player of the year awards in high school.
8. Including non-scholarship players, the Wear Twins are the only players on the team listed solely as forward.
9. Out of the 14 players on the roster, six are from outside California. Three of the Californians are also listed as North Carolina because they last played there before coming to UCLA. UCLA has two players from Georgia thanks in part to Korey McCray.
10. Maybe Anthony Stover is the only honest one, his weight is 243, the only player who did not round off to the nearest five. Although, I heard he is the taller than 6'10" and the tallest on the team.