Mark Dantonio's Michigan State Spartans go up against Boise State tonight. (Photo by Dave Reginek/Getty Images)
College football is back for another fall. While last night's 2012 debut of the Bruins and the Jim Mora era in Westwood is the big story of opening weekend for us, there is still football to be played tonight.
The marquee game of the evening sees Boise State break in a new starting QB with a trip to Lansing to say hello to Michigan State. There will also be an ACC-SEC matchup, with NC State playing Tennessee at the Georgia Dome. And of course, the evening would not be complete without a Pac-12 Network game that at least half of us won't be able to see, when Stanford battles San Jose State for Silicon Valley football supremacy. For folks lacking Pac-12 Network access, don't worry, the rest of us will let you know how Brett Nottingham looks
under center wearing a headset for the Cardinal.
Tonight's viewing schedule, after the jump.
- 4pm Pacific: Villanova @ Temple (ESPN3)
- 4:30pm Pacific: NC State v. Tennessee, in Atlanta (ESPNU/ESPN3)
- 5pm Pacific: Boise State @ Michigan State (ESPN)
- 5pm Pacific: Wagner @ Florida Atlantic (ESPN3, like anyone is actually going to be watching this one)
- 7pm Pacific: San Jose State @ Stanford (Pac-12 Networks)
And for the early risers tomorrow:
- Saturday, 6am Pacific: Notre Dame v. Navy, in Dublin, Ireland (CBS)