Time for another Friday Night Lights open thread. Tonight's game on ESPN is between Hawaii and BYU and it will be interesting to you if you are a real college football junkie. Hawaii is coached by none other than Norm Chow, the legendary offensive guru who had a less than forgettable stay at UCLA under Rick Neuheisel. That said Coach Chow was gracious in his departure. It just didn't work out for both sides. Meanwhile, BYU is always interesting to watch and it has already been in a doozy game this year with a crazy one against Utah. Plus, Bronco Mendenhall is a good coach to keep an eye on, who may move out of Provo (to Colorado?) sooner or later.
I will also go ahead and repost the watch parties that we are aware of for tomorrow's game. In past weeks, we have posted other alumni gatherings that may or may not be meeting this Saturday. If you have info on the status of those gatherings, or know of any others - whether 'official' parties or if you are just planning on hitting up a sports bar and want to see if any other Bruins are in the vicinity and want to join you - let us know in the comments.
- San Fernando Valley: Black Angus Bullseye Bar - 9145 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA.
- South Bay: San Pedro Brewing Company - 331 W. 6th St. San Pedro, CA.
- Ventura County: Black Angus - 4718 Telephone Rd, Ventura, CA. I believe this is a Pac-12 Network availability-dictated venue. Follow this link to get more info.
- San Diego: Randy Jones All-American Grill - 7510 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA. (Mission Valley - follow this link to RSVP or for more information)
San Francisco Bay Area:
- San Francisco:
Pete's Tavern -128 King Street, San Francisco, CA.(Across from AT&T Park)
- The SF viewing party has moved for this week due to Pac-12 Network availability.
The Republic bar - NEW venue this week due to Pac-12 Network Availability
3213 Scott Street, San Francisco, CA. (RSVP to: Henry@alumni.ucla.edu)
- Peninsula/South Bay: The Old Pro -541 Ramona Ave, Palo Alto, CA.
- East Bay: The Stadium Pub -1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA.
Denver: Folsom Field - Boulder, CO.
New York: Smithfield's NYC, 215 W. 28th St., New York, NY. (Between 7th and 8th Aves.)
Washington D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW, Washington, DC.
This is your Friday Night Football open thread