This week Bruins from around the world will gather to watch the Bruins take on the Utes in our Pac-12 opener. The game is Thursday and begins at 7pm (PST) on Fox Sports 1.
Each week I have been adding a little something else to watch and Fox71 in his infinite wisdom reminded us that not everyone has seen this treasure. So this week's showing is a must see for all. Here it is, an Intergalactic Treasure:
It is so good to gather with other Bruins and remember what it means to be a member of the UCLA community and organizing a watch party is a great way to meet up with other Bruins in your area. If you do know of a watch party in your area or want to organize one, let us know in the comment section. Please include the place, the time, if one needs to RSVP, and if there is any contact information or a link to a website that would help folks connect. Also, let us know if this is an ongoing watch party so that we can add it to our regular watch party list.
Here are some viewing parties being organized by local UCLA Alumni networks and others with links for more details and/or to RSVP.
- San Francisco Bay area: (details about all location at this link)
- El Segundo (South Bay): Tavern on Main, 123 Main St. El Segundo, CA 7pm
- Ventura: Brendan's Pub, 1755 Daily Drive, Camarillo, 7pm
- Downey: Downey Brewing Company 10924 Paramount Boulevard, Downey, CA 90241 6:30
- San Luis Obispo: Mother's Tavern, 725 Higuera St., SLO , 93401 6:30
- San Diego: Randy Jones All American Sports Grill, 7510 Hazard Center Dr #215, 92108 7pm
- New York Tri-State: Smithfield NYC, 215 W. 28th St., 10pm ET
- Washington D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW (Between 13th and 14th NW) Upstairs or in the brand new game room downstairs. 10pm ET
- Phoenix: Half Moon Sports Grill - 2121 E Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Chicago. : Brownstone Tavern, 3937 N. Lincoln, 9pm CT (from Chicago Bruins Facebook page).
- Boston: The North Star, 222 Friend Street, 02114 9:30 pm ET (from UCLA Alumni of Boston facebook page).
Portland, OR Area Nicoli’s Grill & Sports Bar — 7:00 p.m.
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
503-726-4263 17880 SW McEwan Rd.
The Rose Bowl (Thanks LA I forgot to post that one).$20 – includes food; cash bar available, 6-10 p.m. Free parking in Lot F, Enter through Gate F
UCLA Hall of Fame: for students. (Thanks again LA)
It is awesome to see how the number of viewing parties is growing. I have been looking for facebook pages when I have time, but if you are in an area that is not listed above, you can try looking for UCLA groups in your area on facebook. There are also many local alumni networks here. You might want to get in touch with a group and help organize a watch party with them in your area. If you do, let us know in this thread.
It might be fun for folks to share your viewing party experiences in photo or prose in this comment section and in future viewing party posts. You can also find all of our Utah preparation notes and videos here.