We look forward to the biggest challenge of the season so far, as our Bruins head up to Palo Alto to take on the 13th ranked Stanford Cardinal. Here is the place to find out where to watch the game with other Bruins, your game thread for Thursday and Friday night games, plus a few other tidbits leading into this Saturday's game.
I can hardly wait. I will be heading up North to take in the game with other Bruins. I am so excited to see our talent on the field and how they stack up against another powerful team. There are many notes to be read leading up to the game here and some thoughts about this game and what the Bruins need to do to win this game here. For those of you going to the game (like me), Patroclus posted some really great information and an organizing post. We would love to hear your thoughts about our upcoming game, as well as give you a place to organize watch parties and view Thursday and Friday nights' games together.
So this week I decided to remind the world that we have the best Marching Band in the Pac-12 and arguably in the nation. Ladies and gentlemen, here it is The Golden Sound of your UCLA Marching Band:
Hopefully they are making their way up north for this game. And in case you missed it, here are two awesome videos of our band. The first from Nagoya, Japan and the second from Notre Dame.
And last: U...C...L...A Fight, Fight, Fight!
Coach Mora was on the Dan Patrick show today. He spoke about his view of UCLA football before he came to coach, thinking UCLA had been soft and finding out that was not true; his vision for UCLA football and what he is working towards: strong, fast, and a tough, winning mindset; Hundley and how he's coming along; recruiting; uniforms and tradition, there will be no pink helmets; whether he would hire Lane as an assistant; and the upcoming game against Stanford.
UCLA @ Stanford viewing parties
Watch parties are a great way to share the football experience and meet other Bruin fanatics when you can't get to the game. The parties listed below were found on the UCLA alumni network websites. Other alumni groups (e.g. Seattle, Chicago, Boston) use facebook to organize and list events, so check them out. You might also want to go to the site for regional UCLA alumni networks. Each group has a contact address that might be a great place to get a party started. Of course, this thread is also a great place to get a party started.
So here are some watch parties we know about:
Los Angeles Area:
- South Bay at the Tavern on Main, 123 Main Street, El Segundo;
- Westside at Busby's West, 3110 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica
- Orange County:
- Newport Rib Company, 2196 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, noon
- OC Sports Grill, 450 N. State College Blvd., Orange, noon
- San Francisco Bay Area: SF also has a facebook page here.
The Old Pro, sports bar(www.oldpropa.com)
541 Ramona Ave., Palo Alto
- East BayLocation (Walnut): The Stadium Pub(www.the stadiumpub.com) 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek
- San Francisco: Bus Stop, 1901 Union Street
- Santa Barbara: Casa Blanca Restaurant & Cantina, 330 State St.
- San Diego: Randy Jones All American Sports Grill, 7510 Hazard Center Dr., 12:30
- Denver: Irish Snug near the Capitol Bldg: 1201 E. Colfax
- Phoenix: Half Moon Sports Grill - 2121 E Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland, Oregon: Nicoli's Grill & Sports Bar, 17880 SW McEwan, Lake Oswego, OR
- D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW, 3:30
- NY Tri-State Area: Smithfield NYC, 215 W. 28th St., 3:30
To find all networks, click here.
Please let us know if there is a watch party organized and we will add it above. Also, if you want to get people together in your area just get it started below.
Games to watch:
Thursday and Friday feature four ACC teams, two ranked in the top 10.
Thursday: #10 Miami (FL) at North Carolina; the Hurricanes can go 6-0 for the first time since 2004 with a win tonight against struggling UNC. 5 pm pt, ESPN. Sorry, I'm not showing any highlights of our game against Miami, the one that shall not be named.
Friday: University of Central Florida at #8 Louisville. Louisville is currently 6-0 and has the #1 defense in the nation. They also feature the man that many consider the #1 qb in the nation, Teddy Bridgewater. Many of us would disagree. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 4:30 PT, ESPN.
So enjoy the games and Go Bruins!