Welcome back to "Top 5 Recruits", well yeah you get the idea. What is new to this year's list is a minor change of adding an accolade the player has received, ranging from a star rating to a camp/ all-american game invite. So without further ado, here are the recruits that will most likely commit to UCLA in 2014.
1. Bryce Dixon, TE (Ventura, CA)4-Star Recruit At 6-4, 220, he is certainly no Joseph Fauria, but his athleticism and acceleration could make him much like a Jimmy Graham or Jared Cook in the future. Currently, 247sports predicts him going to UCLA, and so do I. He would fit perfectly in the Bruins' offense, and will provide a larger target downfield for Brett Hundley.
2. Malachi Dupre, WR (New Orleans, LA)#1 Wide-Receiver Okay, okay, I know that of all the 34 predictions on 247 he is predicted to go to LSU, but considering how UCLA snatched up Priest Willis and Tahaan Goodman from a powerhouse like LSU last year, it would not be surprising for Dupre to follow their footsteps. At 6-2.5, 187, he would not be the Bruins biggest target, but his evasiveness, speed, and vision would make up for that, and he would be a deadly slot receiver.
3. Brad Kaaya, PRO QB (West Hills, CA)- Elite 11 Quarterback I have watched this guy toss the ball with ease since he goes to my high school. Last game against St. Paul he tossed five touchdowns, with all of them being 30 yards or more. All of those were thrown in the first half. Currently, he is committed to Miami, but fellow teamate, safety JoJo McIntosh, a three star commit for the Bruins, will definitely try to sway the quarterback into staying at home. At 6-4, 215, Kaaya has already got the size and the arm to be a future starter when Hundley leaves the program (if Asiantii Woulard does not become starter, of course).
4. Mattrell McGraw, S (New Orleans, LA)- 4-star Recruit He is a teammate of Malachi Dupre, and I believe that they, much like Priest Willis and Tahaan Goodman, will become a package deal and go to UCLA, as LSU is not on McGraw's list. UCLA is the only school on both recruits' lists. At 6-0, 183, he is almost the perfect size for the safety position. Once breakout star Anthony Jefferson graduates in 2015, McGraw would fir nicely into UCLA's defensive scheme under Lou Spanos.
5. John Plattenburg, Jr. , CB (Houston TX, Corona, CA)- 4-star Recruit Before moving to Corona, California, this speedy defensive back played beastly for Lamar High School in Houston, Texas. He is a little undersized at 5-10, 179, but the depth at the cornerback position at UCLA would give him time to grow and mature. Honorable Mentions Michiah Quick, ATH (Fresno, CA)- 4-star Recruit Joe Mixon, HB (Oakley, CA)- 4-star-Recruit JuJu Smith, ATH (Long Beach, CA) - 5-star Recruit