The UCLA football team is coming home to take on Colorado. It was a very rough two weeks for our Bruins and I am sure they will be glad to see a crowd of UCLA blue cheering them on at the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately, some brilliant person(s) at UCLA decided that it might be easier for alumni and students to go to Pauley to watch the game rather than travel to the Pasadena. (HT to JoeBruin15 for catching this). Wow, talk about undermining a team. Maybe they can get some kind of video feed to the players of the crowd at Pauley cheering them on. I mean really, why not just play in front of an empty stadium and have a virtual crowd streamed in! (You can read JoeBruin15's communication with UCLA and their response here.)
True fans in the L.A. area and many who will be coming to town, will be at the Rose Bowl Saturday for a 4:30 start. For those of you who cannot make it, we have a list of viewing parties in other parts of the country where you can meet fellow/sister Bruins and cheer on our young men together. We also want to direct you to a thread begun by Tazizona to help those of you who want to meet up at the Rose Bowl organize. And of course, this is your open thread for Thursday and Friday night football.
UCLA great TE Mercedes Lewis will return to the Rose Bowl this week as the Honorary Captain. It seems fitting as also returned to play with Jacksonville this week after being out virtually all season with a calf strain. I thought it would be fun to watch some of his (and MJD's) highlights as Bruins.
- San Francisco Bay Area: 4:30
The Old Pro, sports bar(www.oldpropa.com)
541 Ramona Ave., Palo Alto,
- East BayLocation (Walnut): The Stadium Pub(www.the stadiumpub.com) 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek,
- San Francisco: Bus Stop, 1901 Union Street,
- Phoenix: Half Moon Sports Grill - 2121 E Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ
- Denver: Irish Snug near the Capitol Bldg: 1201 E. Colfax
- D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW, 7:30 pm ET
- NY Tri-State Area: Smithfield NYC, 215 W. 28th St., 7 pm ET
- Boston: The North Star, 222 Friend St., Boston, 02114
- Portland, Oregon: Nicoli's Brill & Sports Bar, 17880 SW McEwan, Lake Oswego, Or. (Is this on TriedandTrueBruin?)
To find a calendar of all network activities click here.
Please let us know if there is a watch party organized and we will add it above. Also, if you want to get people together in your area just get it started below.
Rose Bowl Meet-ups:
Thursday and Friday Night Games:
There are some really important games for us to watch this week. Thursday night has ASU going against Mike Leach's Cougers (2-3, 5-3). ASU is currently ahead in the Pac-12 South with a 3-1 Pac-12 record (5-2 overall) and just put a 53-24 spanking on the Washington Huskies. On Friday, we get to see the Laneless Trogans travel to Eugene to take on the 4-1 (6-2) Beavers. $c is currently tied with us in the south (if you exclude the tie breaker) with a 2-2 record in the Pac-12.
- South Florida at 4pm PT, ESPN
- Rice at North Texas, 4:30pm PT, FOX Sports 1
- Louisiana-Monroe at Troy, 4:40pm PT ESPNU
- ASU at WSU, 7:30pm PT ESPN
- u$c at Oregon State, 6pm PT, ESPN2
While you get ready for Saturday's game, be sure to read all of our notes and stories about the Colorado game here. Enjoy this week's games and Let's Go Bruins!