Welcome back everybody. With an impressive squad of recruits set to visit tomorrow against ASU, I thought I would give my opinion of which of those recruits who visit tomorrow will commit to our Bruins. Some of the official visitors include recent Cal decommit and 4-star safety Jaleel Wadood, and South Carolina four-star OLB commit Bryson Allen-Williams. A full list of the unofficial and official visitors for tommorow's game against ASU can be found here. Without further ado, here is my top 5 list of recruits who will most likely commit.
1. Bryson Allen-Williams, OLB (Ellenwood, GA), OFFICIAL VISIT At 6-2, 214, he is way undersized for a linebacker, but I am positive that the linebacker coaches can toughen him up so he can fit nicely with the Bruins' athletic pack of linebackers. He will be a tackling machine, much like Eric Kendricks and Myles Jack, due to his acceleration and vision on the field. If flips from the Gamecocks to the Bruins, he would replace Anthony Barr nicely.
2. Jaleel Wadood, S (Lakewood, CA), OFFICIAL VISIT A recent Cal decommit, the four-star safety's top two are UCLA and USC. It will be yet another recruitment battle for the two rivals. Last year, the Bruins won the recruiting war against the Trojans, snatching up Eddie Vanderdoes, Kylie Fitts, Tahaan Goodman, and Priest Willis. According to insider sources, Wadood's top choice is in fact UCLA, and I believe if he likes what he sees from the Bruins on Saturday, he will commit immediately this coming weekend or over Thanksgiving.
3. Joe Mixon, RB (Oakley, CA), UNOFFICIAL VISIT The five-star running back just recently added UCLA to the top of his list as a result of best friend Adarius Pickett (4-star CB) committing to the Bruins in early September. At 6-2, 195, he has the perfect size and frame to start right away for the Bruins, who are thin at running back due to the constant injuries of Steven Manfro, Jordon James, and Malcolm Jones. I believe that Mixon will bring back UCLA's running game, and will make it even better when Franklin was here.
4. Damien Mama, OG (Bellflower, CA) St. John Bosco teammate Jaleel Wadood is also considering the Bruins, although I do not believe that they will be a package deal. UCLA is in Mama's top 4 (USC, Alabama, Brigham Young, UCLA), and is considered a dark horse. I believe that the thin UCLA offensive line and the chance to start as a freshman will ultimately bring Mama to Westwood.
5. Dwight Williams, OLB (Gardena, CA) A player the Serra High School Cavaliers, he plays for the arch-rival team of top UCLA QB target Brad Kaaya, who is also set to visit this weekend. I believe Kaaya will flip as well, but I did not include him in this post because I already did in the previous post :). Anyways, Williams is a little undersized 6-1, 205, and is not very athletic. Williams is a project, even though he is a four star recruit, and will take some time to build a good frame. The only thing stopping Williams from committing to the Bruins is fellow Serra teammate Adoree' Jackson (5-star CB) thinking about USC or Florida.