So, how about that game last night... I am writing this open thread about an hour after the Bruins walked off the court in Austin, and really don't feel like rehashing what we all just finished experiencing. Not yet. I'll let Tydides' postgame speak for me right now, but to add this heartfelt message to Ben Howland.
While the UCLA Men's season - and Ben Howland's tenure in Westwood - is finished, there are games of interest to Bruins to follow today, as well as the Bruin women beginning their Tournament run.
Today's Round of 32 games will start off with a single game in the 9am Pacific/Noon Eastern leadoff spot - a game which Bruin fans should be paying particular attention to: Shaka Smart's 5th seeded VCU team takes on a 4-seed Michigan squad featuring arguably the nation's best player, sophomore PG Trey Burke.
The full slate of games, along with scheduled start times and network:
- VCU (5) v. Michigan (4), 9:15 a.m. PT (CBS)
- Memphis (6) v. Michigan St (3), 11:45 a.m. PT (CBS)
- Colorado St. (8) v. Louisville (1), 2:15 p.m. PT (CBS)
- Harvard (14) v. Arizona (6), 3:10 p.m. PT (TNT)
- Oregon (12) v. Saint Louis (4), 4:10 p.m. PT (TBS)
- Butler (6) v. Marquette (3), 4:45 p.m. PT (CBS)
- Wichita State (9) v. Gonzaga (1), 5:40 p.m. PT (TNT)
- California (12) v. Syracuse (4), 6:40 p.m. PT (TBS)
The NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament begins today, with #3 seeded UCLA taking on 14th seed Stetson (yes, they are the Hatters. Why do you ask??) at 10:30am Pacific time, in Columbus Ohio. The game will be televised on ESPN2 and can be streamed via ESPN3 and ESPN's mobile apps. The official site's game preview page has links for streaming audio and gametracker.