Bumped from fanposts. Go Bruins. - BN Eds.
I have been critical of KIP for years. The national championship in 2010 was bittersweet for me. IMHO any schmuck could have won with all that talent but because KIP was there for the ride DG and friends truly believe KIP is an elite coach.Today's loss to UAB is a great example as to why KIP is not a top D1 coach.
When you have more talent then the other team, out hit them bby a lopsided margin, load the bases with no outs in the final three innings but fail to score a run something is wrong. When you look back in previous years and see the same errors are being made. (poor base running, poor execution, etc) it makes some wonder how the team would play if they eliminated poor fundamentals. What would it take to eliminate the poor play? Probably a coaching change.
KIP's post season
- 2007 eliminated in regional
- 2008 made WCWS and instructed All american pitcher Jelly Selden to walk Katie Cochran at every bat. How is that for giving your best effort
- 2009 lost to Missouri in super regional
- 2010 NCAA Championship
- 2011 eliminated in regional
- 2012 eliminated in regional
- 2013 eliminated in regional
Way to go DG, your most decorated women's program is now an average team that gets eliminated in the post season by team like LMU, Hoftstra, and UAB