Well here we go. It's official. It looks like we will be in South bracket taking on Tubby Smith's Minnesota program. UCLA enters the tourney as a 6 seed and is heading out to Austin, Texas. Florida is looming as the potential second round matchup in the second round as the no. 3 seed. Lot more as the picture in our bracket becomes clearer.
Other notes so far:
- Louisville is the overall number 1 seed (in Midwest region).
- Oregon is a 12 seed in Midwest taking on Oklahoma State in San Jose (it left blowhard Doug Gottlieb shrieking on CBS).
- UNC is having a "down" year. They are taking on Villanova as an 8 seed and is set up for a second round game v. Kansas (no. 1 seed). Self-Williams matchup could be fun.
- Michigan after fading down the stretch dropped to 4 seed.
- Georgetown, Josh Smith's future team is a no. 2 seed in the South region (taking on Florida Gulf Coast) in Philly.
- San Diego State is a no. 7 seed (who embarrassed Ben's dumpster fire in Anaheim) is taking on Oklahoma in Philadelphia (South region).
- There are at least two teams in our bracket who we lost to during the OCC season - San Diego State and Georgetown. They may play each other in the second round.
- Somehow Cal is getting to stay home in San Jose to take on UNLV as a 12 seed.
- Colorado gets in as a 10 seed v. Illinois out in the East.
- Despite getting SWEPT by UCLA during the regular season and conference tournament - Arizona gets to waltz into West. Just wow.