So it comes down to this: win and the Bruins will set up an end-of-the-year battle against our hated rivals, a resurgent Southern Cal squad, for the Pac-12 South crown; lose and the Sun Devils will be on their way to Eugene (assuming the Ducks win out) to play for a chance at a Rose Bowl berth. In other words, it's win or
go home get ready to play in a lame third-tier bowl no one cares about.
So, let's get to the game: kick-off is set for 4:00 p.m. PT at the Rose Bowl, so if you're in the greater Los Angeles area, you need to find your way down to the Arroyo Seco to cheer on our Bruins in a pivotal division match-up. For those of you unable to make it down to the Rose Bowl, the game will be broadcast on FOX.
With that said, let's take a look at the bits and pieces of news from around the UCLA-iverse as we get ready for this division-deciding match-up against Arizona State this afternoon:
- Beginning with the game itself, the Los Angeles Times has a game preview available, that focuses in on both teams' mobile, playmaker QBs (Hundley vs. Taylor Kelly) and some interesting match-ups, including Myles Jack on ASU RB Marion Grice and Ishmael Adams versus ASU WR Jaelen Strong, who has about 7 inches on Adams.
- Speaking of Myles Jack, the super-stud freshman was the focus of Andy Staples' article for Sports Illustratedearlier, with Staples talking at length about Jack's emergence as a true two-way star, a situation born completely out of necessity as UCLA lost running back after running back to injury.
- And Sports Illustrated weren't the only ones showing Jack the love lately, with Gil Brandt at NFL.com also showering Jack with praise for his "amazing athletic ability" and his "tough, intelligent" play on the field.
- Sticking with Jack, the Arizona Republic also recently wrote up a piece of him and the (dubious) shot Arizona State had at landing the coveted player out of Bellevue. Fortunately for us, we'll be the ones using Jack rather than being the ones who will have to line up against him on both sides of the ball, so kudos to Coach Mora for bringing home such a huge recruit.
- Heading back to the game itself, ESPN has an article on the story-lines going into the game, focusing in on both QBs and both second-year head coaches, with both coach looking to take his program to the next level.
- Finally, Rick Neuheisel came up with an awesome song about soon-to-be-permanent head coach Ed Orgeron at Southern Cal, in an wickedly hilarious example of hardcore trolling of Southern Cal. The pressure is on Haden to keep the same guy who was terrible at Ole Miss, so it's hard not to love it. Sign up the Ogre for life!
Alright folks, those are your Bruin Bites for this game day morning. Stay tuned for the morning college football thread, followed by the game thread which should go live shortly before kick-off at the Rose Bowl. Fire away with your takes, thoughts, etc. in the open thread.
Just win Bruins.