UCLA coaches are flying around the country for their recruiting visits on a special private jet. Josh Rebholz tweeted this:
Note we are pretty sure it is a singular private jet flying the coaches around from coast-to-coast. They have been busy. Folks have been firing away at fanshots with updates. Thought it'd be good to aggregate some of the key updates:
- According to the Orlando Sentinel UCLA has offered Orlando Freedom WR Jeff Badet, who has offers from Kentucky, Iowa State and Wake Forest. At 5-11, 160 Badet could potentially contribute as a slot receiver. Plus there is this - he also happens to be the team-mate of quarterback Asiantii Woulard, who has emerged as a key late target for the Bruins in these closing days. (HT LongtimeBru).
- Per Brandon Huffman of BruinReportOnline.com Myles Jack reaffirmed his commitment to UCLA. (HT LongtimeBru) As noted by Bob Condotta of Seattle Times, Jack's comments indicate he appears "headed to UCLA." But I will not celebrate until I see his fax come in on NSD.
- For the recruiting ranking junkies UCLA is now up to number 6 on Scout.com rankings and up to number 9 on Rivals.com rankings.
- NSD is less than two weeks away. To give a quick preview on what is going to happen in Westwood as well as highlights of what has been happening last few days - check out Ralph's chat with DL coach/recruiting coordinator Angus McClure. (HT LA Bruin).
- Also, our SBN colleagues recently took a quick look around Pac-12 recruiting, which included Dan Rubenstein sounding off on prized Bruin commit Priest Willis:
What else? If you have recruiting news/links to share, fire them up in fanshots. Offer your extended thoughts on Fanposts and if you have general quick recruiting observations to share fire them up here in the comment thread. This can be our recruiting open thread on the home page for next couple of days.