Notwithstanding Karl Dorrell things are not all that gloomy here on BN. The number 2 ranked Ben Ball warriors are just two weeks away from tip off and oh by the way we still own this.
Photo Credit: Grok451's photostream (flickr)
And the way this season is going I believe we are going to hang on to this at the end of the season. Yes, I expect us to beat up on those thugs from Clown Central on December 1st (leading to mass calls for why Dorrell should be retained for another season despite completely blowing it in his money season).
But that’s on December 1st. Let’s talk about this weekend. Even though Dorrell is doing what he can to suck all the enjoyment out of Bruin football, we are still going to be watching and rooting for our team all over the county. Plus Dorrell alone gives us all kinds of reasons to drink!
With that in mind here are the parties we know of:
- Let’s start with the East Coast and since I just talked about the Hub down below, I will start with the Beantown Bruins. If this info is correct Bruins are getting together to watch the game at Donohues Bar & Grill in Watertown MA... at the Cambridge/Watertown border. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working our way down the Easter Corridor, the alums in NYC will be watching at Fat Annie's Truck Stop. Fat Annie's located at 131 West 33rd Street betwn 6th and 7th Avenues. Apparently those parties in NYC gets packed as their site notes, "Due to our tremendous turnouts, Fat Annie's has requested that NYC Bruins make reservations directly with the bar at (212) 695-1122."
- Alums in Washington, DC will be watching the game at the Ugly Mug - 723 8th St SE (near the Hill). If you are taking the Metro, take the Blue/Orange line to Eastern Market Metro Stop. Not sure if I am going to make it there this week. I was there last weekend and it was pretty awesome.
- In Chicago, the Bruins watch their games at Joe's Bar, located at 940 W. Weed St. Here are the details.
- Back in West Coast lets start with No Cal (which is now a Bruin territory despite Karl Dorrell). Bay Area Bruins are putting together two parties. One is going to be at the Stadium Pub in East Bay at 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek. If you want to join this party please RSVP to Harry Machnov here. The other is going to be at Dan Brown's Lounge and Sports at 4141 El Camino Real in Palo Alto.
- And if you are in motherland, Bruins in South Bay are watching the game at the Tavern on Main Street. You can rsvp Kenny Phillips by emailing him here. Happy hour pricing on domestic beers people!
And as always if there are no parties in your areas, you can always self organize and plant a base at some local bar, café, or at your place! And, if you are planning to put together something big, or Bruin alums in your area are putting together a big event around this game, please share the details with us in this thread and invite everyone to come.