It’s not a Dorrellian understatement to say that watching a UCLA football game coached by the Sleeping Beauty is not exactly a lot of fun:
Photo Credit: therealmindshed (flickr)
But … but but but … it is always fun to gather around and watch any UCLA games with other Bruin alums, students and fans who are also your good friends.
As usual I am sure there will be thousands of Bruins watching tomorrow’s game across the nation. There will be a lot of alumni get togethers some of them I am going to list below. If you are a regular reader of BN, why not start coming to these parties, make some more friends, and share your thoughts and frustrations about Karl Dorrell. For us to get organized it has to begin with showing up and starting these conversations. Once again here is a list of parties I know of:
Bay Area Bruins are putting together two parties. One is going to be at the Stadium Pub in East Bay at 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek. If you want to join this party please RSVP to Harry Machnov here. There is going to be another one at Palo Alto at the New Old Pro Sports Bar at 541 Ramona Ave. You can RSVP to John Beck here
- As usual the alums in NYC will be watching at Fat Annie's Truck Stop. Fat Annie's located at 131 West 33rd Street betwn 6th and 7th Avenues.
- Alums in DC will be watching the game at the Ugly Mug - 723 8th St SE (near the Hill). If you are taking the Metro, take the Blue/Orange line to Eastern Market Metro Stop. Not sure if I am going to make it there this week. I was there last weekend and it was pretty awesome.
- In Chicago, the Bruins watch their games at Joe's Bar, located at 940 W. Weed St. Here are the details.
- Back in motherland, in Bruins in South Bay are watching their games at the Tavern on Main at El Segundo. You can rsvp to Kenny Phillips by going here.
- And the Bruins in Orange County will watch their games at Sharkeez, located at 211 Main St, Huntington Beach. RSVP by emailing Ed Lin.
And as always if there are no parties in your areas, you can always self organize and plant a base at some local bar, café, or at your place! And, if you are planning to put together something big, or Bruin alums in your area are putting together a big event around this game, please share the details with us in this thread and invite everyone to come.
Same deal applies with students. If you are putting together game watching parties on campus that you’d like other to come by and watch with your friends, you can always start organizing here and let your fellow students know how your football team is being coached by a total clown. I remember it was a threat of student organized activities that led was one of the reason leading ND to can Tyrone Willingham (who deserved to be fired). Now if our students get motivated, get organized, and speak up against the current joke of a football coach, it will only facilitate the arrival of a new coach. And no longer watching the UCLA football team will be such an unpleasant (and in mostly boring) experience.