If we could all be so lucky as our Trombonedude27.
Good luck to Trombonedude27 and all other thousands of Bruins who are going to representing the Nation in the Lone Star state in our road to the Final-4:
Photo Credit: Jack Rosenfeld
I am sure the Nation is going to be out in full force in San Antonio. For the rest of us - all across the country - the question is where and with whom you will be rooting on our Ben Ball warriors on Saturday night. To help you out here are the parties we know of for Saturday night:
- Let's start with the Big Apple. Alums in NYC have two parties. Their first one at Public House (140 East 41st St) is already FULL. So they have put together another party at the Blackfinn located at 218 E. 53rd Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues. I imagine hundreds of Bruin NYers will be swarming both of those bars.
- Down the I-95, alums in DC will be watching the game at the Ugly Mug - 723 8th St SE (near the Hill). If you are taking the Metro, take the Blue/Orange line to Eastern Market Metro Stop. Let me just tell you now ... get their early because that place is going to be a madhouse.
- In Chicago, the Bruins watch their games at Joe's Bar, located at 940 W. Weed St. Here are the details
- Moving to the West - Bay Area Bruins - have put together three viewing parties in San Francisco, Palo Alto and Walnut Creek. (Yes, the Walnut Creek where the PAC-10 offices are located). In San Francisco the gathering is at Pete's Tavern, 128 King St., across from AT&T Park: MUNI lines N & T, BART riders can transfer to MUNI at Embarcadero Station (Contact: Henry@UCLAlumni.net). If you are around Palo Alto head over to the Old Pro, sports bar at 541 Ramona Ave (Contact Jerry.Fuqua@UCLAlumni.net). And you live around Walnut Creek the place to bond with other Bruins is at Stadium Pub 1420 Lincoln Ave., Walnut Creek (Contact Urbanowicz@UCLAlumni.net).
- Down the 101 in our home territory, alums are getting together in South Bay to watch Thursday's game. People are getting together at The Tavern on Main St. 123 Main St. (between El Segundo Blvd. and Grand Ave. Sounds like they have their own version of "Bruin Den" set up and all ready to go.
- Lastly, out in the OC, Bruins will be watching the UCLA vs Memphis game at Sharkeez in Huntington Beach. For details check out rgallucla's diary here.
Of course for those who won't be heading to bars or parties and rather chew on their finger nail watching the game from your own couch, as always you can come over here - your Bruin Bar on the internets - where we will have a MOJO filled game thread ROCKING and rolling rooting on our warriors. I am sure fellow BNers will be more than happy to keep you up to date and provide you the emotional and moral support you might need to get through the Ben Ball action.