It is time. UCLA Athletics needs to revoke the press credentials for Adam Maya, the hackish OC Register's "UCLA beat reporter," who is a Trojan alum and has repeatedly used his access in recent months to attack the program.
Let's keep the facts very simple here:
- Adam Maya is the "UCLA beat reporter" for the Orange County Register.
- He is also is the main writer for the paper's "UCLA blog."
- In recent months he has repeatedly launched one snarky attack after another on the UCLA program and spread misinformation about our program in a way we would expect from a message board run by Trojan alums.
So why is he being allowed to attend UCLA related events with press credentials afforded by the UCLA athletic department? It is freaking absurd that the OC Register uses this Trogan clown to "weigh in" on UCLA-Southern Cal matters with his "UCLA perspective." [Not going to provide any direct links to their garbage here].
Here are just some ways Adam Maya has repeatedly attacked our players, coaches, and spread misinformation about our program:
- He was earlier exposed last season for pimping a BS facebook attack on Rick Neuheisel
- Amplified baseless rumors about Norm Chow and San Jose State.
- Bad mouthed Kevin Prince's mobility with snarky BS, somehow missing the fact that Prince did improve his speed this off-season and flashed his legit scrambling ability in more than few occasions, including a long TD scamper against Washington State.
- Repeatedly went out of his way to attack the performance of Kevin Prince, without mentioning how he actually came along pretty nicely during the last few games of the season.
- Attacked the development of Richard Brehaut, concern trolling and baiting transfer talk out of UCLA.
- Spread misinformation about our WR's performance this past spring, mocking them as inconsistent even though reliable observers were impressed with what they saw from our crew.
- Offering ignorant analysis of how losing Josh Shirley to Southern Cal would hurt UCLA's LB depth.
- Spread nonsense about Aaron Hester's bad habits during practice.
Those are just for starters. We are sure we can find so much more if we actually read this Trojan troll's hackish posts and articles every day. We understand the need for getting the word out on UCLA. However, when the coverage this blatantly pro-Trojan under the masquerade of "UCLA coverage," no coverage from that paper is preferable.
We think it would be in the best interest for UCLA to cut this guy off. He is more than welcome to attend practices or whatever. However, he shouldn't be afforded the same privilege given to other beat reporters. It is clear he has been intent on abusing it by repeatedly attacking UCLA. If anything, having him around Spaulding is harmful to the program.
Really hope the Morgan Center does the smart thing. They need to send a message to these clowns. Enough is enough. At this point we don't need the ‘coverage' we get from the OC Register. So if the paper is going to use their "UCLA Blog" platform and the "UCLA beat" to consistently attack our program through a Trojan, they have no business having a seat at the media table in Westwood.