Or the title I really wanted to use: Spaulding Roundup - Invest in Bubble Wrap.
Saturday, UCLA plays Stanford and their Heisman candidate quarterback, Andrew Luck. Even with a healthy secondary, Luck will cause all sorts of problems for UCLA, but many members of the UCLA secondary are shaking off injuries this week.
Those who did not practice on Tuesday:
Sheldon Price - knee. A MRI showed no damage.
- Dalton Hilliard - shoulder. Both Price and Hilliard are questionable for Saturday.
- Tony Dye - shoulder - dressed, but did not participate
- Anthony Barr - knee, scheduled to see a doctor Tuesday night.
Kip Smith, still out with a hip flexor
More injury discussion, after the jump.
Also returning to practice was Jonathan Franklin, after suffering a hip contusion against Oregon State.
Quick comments from Rick Neuheisel's post practice comments: (with functional audio today!)
- It felt like a doctor on call in a hospital, having to go over the board of patients, as he listed injury after injury, and status updates on Abbott, Graham, and Franklin.
- He mentions it is probably "not the best" week to be playing Stanford, with all the injuries in the secondary.
- Tevin McDonald is "playing great" and is "pleased with how things are going for him." He's from a "great football family" and once he gets up to game speed it will "come quickly for him."
- It was "great" to see Malcolm Jones in the game and he was "ready when he was needed."
The highlight of the video is Joe Fauria, fully aware a camera is on, and taking off his pads, looking right at the camera's direction when he is done.
Football player Tweet of the Day:
@SbsonDeck: Romeo is doing commercials for ICDC College. He's done!!! Lol
DONE! We laughed about this a few weeks ago, now the football team is joining in the fun.