Once again there is Shabazz news before a game. For discussion of that go here.
But let's focus on the game tonight. An official preview is here. UCI's preview is here. The Bruins Nation preview is here. The game is televised on the PAC 12 Network at 8:36 local time. Norman Powell scored his career high last time UCLA played UCI. Other notes: Jordan Adams became the first player to score 20 or more points in their first game with UCLA since Kevin Love and Kyle Anderson became the first player to have a double-double in their first game since Love.
For the some other things to watch tonight, let me just cite MPLSBruin's post on some things he liked to see:
- Waiting for one, just one glimmer of hope that Josh will be improved this year.
- More of Jordan Adams. . .
- More aggressive play on offense by Larry Drew. I don't think your point guard should take 1 shot per game.
- Less any Wear trying to create his shot with 2 or 3 guys on him. Pass it out to the open man.
- Continued patience with Tony Parker. Thought he got decent runs in terms of minutes in the first game.
- More evidence that Norman Powell will be un-leashed this year. I still feel that some of this has to come from within.
My pick is Norman Powell being "un-leashed." Go Bruins.