Watch parties are a great way to share the football experience and meet other Bruin fanatics when you can't get to the game. We are starting this thread early so that Bruins can organize watch parties and post others that we do not know about. The parties listed below were found on the UCLA alumni network websites. Other alumni groups (e.g. Seattle, Chicago, Boston) use facebook to organize and list events, so check them out. You might also want to go to the site for regional UCLA alumni networks. Each group has a contact address that might be a great place to get a party started. Of course, this thread is also a great place to get a party started.
And speaking of parties, here are some highlights from last year's game courtesy of MrZeroproductiviy and youtube:
So here are some watch parties we know about:
Los Angeles Area:
Local Alumni networks around the Los Angeles area have organized Tackle the Morning Watch Parties. Many of these parties are asking for reservations (to ensure enough space) and look like they have great menus!
Parties are being held in the following areas:
- South Bay at the Tavern on Main (El Segundo);
- Downtown L.A. at the JW Marriot;
- Westside at Busby's West;
- Orange County at the Newport Rib Company and at the OC Sports Grill;
- Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley at Barney's Beanery (Pasadena)
- San Fernando Valley at The Sagebrush Cantina in Calabasas
- Santa Clarita at El Caballero - Westfield Valencia Town Center
- Ventura County at Cronie's Sports Grill
You can find more details here.
Other networks throwing viewing parties that we know about:
- San Diego: Randy Jones All American Sports Grill, 7510 Hazard Center Dr.
- East Bay: The Stadium Pub, 1420 Lincoln Ave., Walnut Creek
- D.C.: Laughing Man Tavern, 1306 G St. NW
- NY Tri-State Area: Smithfield NYC, 215 W. 28th St
- London: Letlag, 125 Cleveland St, Fitzrovia, London WIT 6ZB
- Phoenix, AZ: Half Moon Sports Grill, 2121 E Highland Ave ,Phoenix AZ 85016. Questions? Email email@example.com
- From Beijing (HT Ganplosive):
HAHA anyone of you in the FARRR EAST COAST the information is here, courtesy of our alumni organizer, Julie Chiu:
Dear UCLA Beijing Alumni,
The college football season is upon us. The #16 ranked UCLA football team will be playing the Nebraska Cornhuskers on September 14, Saturday night, 12:00am midnight local Beijing time (9:00am California time). The game will be on satellite and I’ve confirmed with owner of The Local that they’ll get the feed for the game. The Local (formerly Brussels) is located in Sanlitun behind The Bookworm and behind Pacific Century Plaza on Gongti Beilu. Please see link for the bar’s details.
Bring everybody out!
- Chicago: Joes on Weed St. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7317595729/
- Denver: The Irish Snug (1201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO) on 9/14 at 10a.m. MST. Free parking is available in the rear and on the adjacent side streets.
- Pheonix: Half Moon Sports Grill 2121 E Highland Ave Phoenix AZ 85016 Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find all networks, click here.
Please let us know if there is a watch party organized and we will add it above. Also, if you want to get people together in your area just get it started below. For those of you going to the game, go to this post by muircoach to hook up with others going.
Please recommend this fanpost so we can keep it visible!
It would be fun to get photos from around the world for the morning after!