Finally. Fall football camp is less than three weeks away, and with the end of the World Cup (congratulations again Germany) we can focus more on the day to day football coverage that we know you are all waiting for.
Let's go over the latest UCLA Football news to come out:
- As fanshotted yesterday by JoeBruin15, the College Football Championship trophy is out, and we're hoping to add this hardware to the Hall of Fame this year. The Bruins are among the names that are being mentioned for the four team playoff this year. Does it look better than the BCS's glass football? Probably. If you want some more details about the trophy, check out this piece from USA Today. Notably, the trophy is 26.5 inches tall and the total weight of the trophy with the base is 65 pounds. I hope we will be able to hoist that easily over our heads come January.
- The preseason accolades continue to come in for UCLA Football. Myles Jack and Eric Kendricks were added to the preseason watch list for the Butkus award and the Lombardi award. You may remember that Anthony Barr was a finalist for the Lombardi award last year.
- Single game football tickets go on sale at 10am if you were privy to the presale information - check your e-mail!
- Thanks to avtwwi with a fanpost from NFL.com that ranked Brett Hundley as the #6 quarterback in college football. While the love (rightfully) goes to Jameis Winston, of note there are three quarterbacks from the Pac-12 in the top ten. Guess how many are from the SEC? NONE.
- Finally, Pac-12 Media day takes place on July 23-24th in Los Angeles, and it will be available to watch online for FREE. UCLA is scheduled to appear on the 24th at 11:30am, and these typically run late, so a possibility of their presser starting closer to 12pm. Scheduled to appear with Coach Mora will be Brett Hundley and Eric Kendricks. Thankfully, Sarkiffy and Southern Cal are on Wednesday, so we can ignore them easily.
Have an excellent Tuesday, everyone.