With the 2015 NFL draft coming up in less than a month, let's take a look at some of the buzz our Bruins are getting around the NFL.
Eric Kendricks has been making making lots of stops on his way to the NFL, including stopping by Spaulding to watch the 2015 team practice. When asked how things were going, Eric, with his usual big smile, said great and that he would be heading out for workouts all month. When I asked which teams would he be visiting, he said all of them. He also said he would be watching the draft with his family rather than going to New York. Here is some more news about Eric:
- On NFL Total Access Eric Kendricks and brother Mychal talked about being brothers going to the pros, working out together, competition (will EK be a 1st rounder unlike his brother?), and what a crazy experience going through this process is.
- Eric is creating his own legacy and getting a lot of love from fans of Green Bay, Dallas Cowboys, and others.
Brett Hundley also came by practice the other day, stopping at Stan's where a donut was named in his honor. There are a few other exciting things going on for Brett:
- Brett Hundley's appearance on Gruden's QB Camp began Tuesday April 7th, and will continue to air throughout the month.
- Panthers Insider video takes a look at the 3rd qb off the board and rotoviz says that Brett is exactly the kind of QB NFL teams should draft.
- NJ.com asks whether the Eagles would take Brett Hundley at #20 and Luis Tirado Jr. makes the case that Brett would be a great fit for the Rams:
At 6'3″ and 226 pounds, Hundley has a tremendous upside as being coached and trained to possibly be a hidden gem in the draft. He's a bit raw and needs a lot of help with his pocket presence and throwing mechanics but the Rams could put him in a great position to grow over the next few years. His speed and abilities to make big plays on the fly would be a nice dimension to have on offense
Teams around the NFL are starting to see what a gem Owamagbe Odighizuwa is:
- The Eagles brought Owa in for a visit last Tuesday and some are projecting him to be an outside linebacker. Owa is also high on the radars of the Cowboys, the Cardinals, the Steelers, and many more teams.
- The Bleeding Green Nation had this to say about the "Greek God":
Strengths - Absolute Greek God with the pads off. Shredded physique with very little body fat. Strong at the point of attack. Plays with desired anchor and strong lower body. Run defender who can close down creases. Gets off ball with good pad level and has potential to convert speed to power. Hands are violent and active. Relentless and competitive. Never gives up on a pass rush. Expected to be a core special-teams talent. Can play 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 outside linebacker.
Also entering this year's draft are DB Anthony Jeffereson, DL Ellis McCarthy, RB Jordan James, and OL Malcolm Bunche. IE Angel gives a complete rundown of all the draft eligible Bruins here.
Where do you hope our guys will end up?
That's your Bruin's going pro bites for today. Have a great Thursday, and as always ...