As this basketball season continues to drift away from Coach Steve Alford and the UCLA Bruins, they face another must-win game today in Tempe against the Arizona State Sun Devils.
It's something we've been saying for just about every game since conference play began last month.
But, it's true. And, the deeper into the season we get, the more important each game seems to become.
The Bruins are currently 4-7 in the conference with only 7 conference games remaining including tonight's game. UCLA's overall record currently sits at 13-11, meaning that they basically need to win all 7 of their remaining regular season games to get to the 20-win mark which could get them into the tournament.
But, given how the team has played, that's unlikely and, expecting the trends to continue, they may not even qualify for the NIT.
Frankly, Bruin basketball has become insufferable to watch and, even with a $10.7 million buyout remaining on Steve Alford's contract, one has to wonder if Dan Guerrero wouldn't be wise to pay it and move the program forward with someone else at the helm.
How To Watch, Listen, and Stream:
- Sunday, February 14, 2016, 5:30 pm PT
- Wells Fargo Arena, Tempe, AZ
- ESPNU with Roxy Bernstein and Corey Williams
- ESPN.com and the ESPN app
- 570 AM in Los Angeles with Bill Roth and Darrick Martin
- Sirius Ch. 81 and XM Ch. 81 (Arizona State Call)
- And, of course, right here in the Bruins Nation Game Thread!!!
This is your UCLA at Arizona State Game Thread.