Another Pac-12 game. Another Must-win situation for Steve Alford's UCLA Bruins.
As this awful season drags on, you should be used to that by now.
Because, if you've been following UCLA basketball at all, you know where things lie. As DCBruins pointed out yesterday, UCLA needs to play really well down the stretch in order to have any chance of making the NCAA Tournament.
On paper, Utah looks like the better basketball with a record of 19-7 overall and 8-5 in conference play. Last week, the defeated both Washington and Washington State at home, giving the Utes seven wins in their last nine games.
The Utes arrive in town with the Pac-12's second-best scorer in Jakob Poeltl who is averaging 17.8 points per game. Poelti is also the fifth-best rebounder in the conference, averaging 8.8 rebounds per game.
The Runnin' Utes come to Pauley tonight with ranked 16 in RPI by the NCAA. It's the type of team that UCLA has come out tough against so far this season, but, as we all know, this team's signature style is inconsistency. So, as we've asked so often all season: Which Bruin team will show up tonight?
How To Watch, Listen, and Stream:
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 7:05 pm PT
- Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- ESPN2 with Dave Pasch and Bill Walton
- ESPN.com and the ESPN app
- 570 AM in Los Angeles with Bill Roth and Darrick Martin
- Sirius Ch. 93 and XM Ch. 197 (UCLA Call)
- And, of course, right here in the Bruins Nation Game Thread!!!
This is your Utah at UCLA Game Thread.