Can UCLA Beat UC Berkeley On the Road? It's a legitimate question for two reasons. First, UCLA has been schizophrenic all season. They beat the teams they shouldn't beat and lose inexplicably to teams they shouldn't. Second, despite an disappointing season so far, UC Berkeley has been absolutely unstoppable at home. Remember what that used to feel like, Bruin fans?
UCLA needs to win tonight. A win might keep any small dreams UCLA has of making the NCAA Tournament alive. A loss would simply add to what is quickly becoming a dumpster fire under Coach Steve Alford.
The first key to tonight's game is likely stopping Jaylen Brown. The freshman who Steve Alford lost to UC Berkeley is leading his team with an average of 16.9 PPG in Pac-12 play. Can Coach Alford find a way to stop the Bears's biggest scoring threat?
The other key to tonight's game is another no-brainer: Put the ball in the hoop. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, UC Berkeley has only been allowing 62.6 PPG and opponents have only been shooting 37.3% from the floor. UCLA needs to avoid those big scoring droughts it's had in too many games this season.
How To Watch, Listen, and Stream:
- Thursday, February 25, 2016, 6:00 pm PT
- Hass Pavilion, Berkeley, CA
- ESPN2 with Dave Pasch and Bill Walton
- ESPN.com and the ESPN app
- 570 AM in Los Angeles with Bill Roth and Darrick Martin
- Sirius Ch. 145 and XM Ch. 197 (UC Berkeley Call)
- And, of course, right here in the Bruins Nation Game Thread!!!
This is your UCLA at Arizona Game Thread.