Five and a half weeks ago, the Ducks easily beat the Bruins at home 86-72. Tonight, the Bruins have a chance to return the favor at Pauley.
Realistically, there's not much of a chance that UCLA will win tonight. When the teams met in January, the Ducks just flew through what UCLA_beer&mathematics called UCLA's "Swiss Cheese" defense.
The state of the program has only gotten worse since then. You've got Bryce Alford calling the team a "lost cause".
The Ducks enter tonight needing a win to clinch a share of the regular season Pac-12 title while the Bruins enter tonight hoping to impress the NIT selection committee that they are worthy of playing for the title of 69th best basketball team in the country.
The game may not even be all that entertaining seeing as how Bill Walton won't be there to add his unique color commentary. So, I guess the only real reason to watch tonight is to find out whether the Pauley faithful will start chanting "Fire Alford!" or something like it if we lose this one.
How To Watch, Listen, and Stream:
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016, 6:05 pm PT
- Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- ESPN2 with Dave Pasch and Corey Williams
- ESPN.com and the ESPN app
- 570 AM in Los Angeles with Bill Roth and Darrick Martin
- Sirius Ch. 84 and XM Ch. 84 (UCLA Call)
- And, of course, right here in the Bruins Nation Game Thread!!!
This is your Oregon at UCLA Game Thread.